Episode 38 – Thomas Paine, Tom Robbins, and Nutella-Juggling Elephants
The Drunken Taoist Podcast #38
- “Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I’m still in love with life”
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O’Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code “daniele” at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here’s the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code “warrior” for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli’s perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven’t seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what’s left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- The code “daniele” gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com.
- AND use the promo code “podcast” from now until Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14th) for 15% OFF all order of $49 or more.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist.
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It’s entitled “Create Your Own Religion” and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it’ll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
Forum: We launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum
The “Rant of the Day”:
- The greatest modern American novelist Tom Robbins (and why we can’t have him as a guest). The discovery of how joy and depth can go hand in hand–or, how Tom Robbins saved me.
- How the new drunken taoist t-shirt can get you fired
- Tom Robbins and wine
- The Pope cussing like a sailor: “In questo cazzo…”
The “I Have A Dream” Corner:
- Iz’s dream: a nutella-juggling elephant and pink-skirted dancing kangaroos
- Why is Nutella not sponsoring us?
- Can’t dial 911 to save an evil bastard
The “Storytelling Moment”:
- The wild life of Thomas Pain
The “Iz Moment”:
- The uncanny ability to pick up the most inappropriate lyrics in any song and repeat it at the worst possible moment. “Weed is life, weed is reality”. Thanks Snoop…
- Watching UFC with Iz and comparing and contrasting Bruce Lee’s and Jimi Hendrix’s death in between rounds
- Hercules and the Magic Fart. Thor Goes to Anger Management Classes. Tired of Poachers, the Baby Pandas Get the AK-47. Bugs Bunny, Al Capone and Prohibition on Alcohol
- Hobbit toys
The “Ask Bolelli” Corner:
- Pull ups! (and tequila pull ups)
- Dennis Rodman and heart
- North Korean dictators and crazy Roman emperors
- Daniele’s perverted writing process. Albinoni and highly emotional states. Writing from a place of intensity.